Port Performance Freight Statistics Working Group Seeks Members
The Department of Transportation’s Bureau of Transportation Statistics is seeking through March 24 nominations for membership on the newly established Port Performance Freight Statistics Working Group.
The working group is expected to submit by Dec. 4 recommendations on matters related to port performance measures, including a generally accepted industry standard for port data collection and reporting, standards for collecting data and reporting nationally consistent port performance measures, statistics measuring U.S. port capacity and throughput, and a process for DOT to collect timely and consistent data, including identifying safeguards to protect proprietary information.
DOT is seeking nominations to fill the following positions within the working group.
- one representative each from the rail, trucking and maritime shipping industries
- one representative from a labor organization for each of these industries
- one representative each from the International Longshoremen’s Association and the International Longshore and Warehouse Union
- one representative from a port authority
- one representative from a terminal operator
- representatives of the Transportation Research Board of the National Academies of Sciences, Engineering and Medicine