Countervailing Duty Investigations & Proceedings
Our client representation includes advice and counsel on the following matters:
- Original countervailing duty investigations, including the U.S. Commerce Department investigation of export and domestic subsidies, and the U.S. International Trade Commission investigation of economic injury to the U.S. domestic industry.
- Annual administrative reviews of countervailing duty orders.
- Scope review requests to exclude merchandise from coverage by countervailing duty orders.
- Sunset reviews of countervailing duty orders.
- Pre-investigation or pre-review audits of countervailing duty order proceedings to develop strategies to minimize exposure to assessments.
- Litigation before the U.S. Court of International Trade and U.S. Court of Appeals in challenges of countervailing duty proceedings administered by the U.S. Commerce Department and the U.S. International Trade Commission.