Harmonization of Rules with Canada, Hazardous Cargo to be Topics at NMSAC Meeting
The National Maritime Security Advisory Committee will hold a public meeting Sept. 29 and 30 in Washington, D.C., to discuss various issues relating to national maritime security. This meeting will also be broadcast via a web-enabled interactive online format and teleconference line.
The committee will meet to review, discuss and formulate recommendations on the following issues.
- what the next generation of transportation worker identification credentials and readers should incorporate
- how to enhance a Coast Guard program that places members in positions within the maritime industry to better understand how it works
- harmonization of rules with Canada and the Beyond the Border Initiative
- implementation of the Department of Homeland Security’s Extremely Hazardous Cargo Strategy
- the increased movement of petrochemical cargos in the inland waterways