One-Form Filing, Defense Services, Dual Nationals Among Topics for Defense Trade Meeting
The Department of State’s Defense Trade Advisory Group will meet in open session Sept. 8 in Washington, D.C. Those wishing to attend this meeting should notify State by Aug. 28.
The following topics will be discussed at this meeting (click here for more details on these issues).
- one-form electronic filing: recommendations for making electronic filing more cost-effective and efficient for industry
- key areas of concern with the proposed definition for defense services
- accurately and effectively defining “manufacturing” and distinguishing it from other related activities like assembly, integration, installment, and various services
- current rules regarding the release of technical data to foreign dual nationals and alternative options that sufficiently facilitate risk assessment and risk mitigation
- assessment, including cost-benefit analysis, of State’s Directorate of Defense Trade Controls standardizing the expiration date for all new agreements to a fixed ten-year period from the date of initial approval