Filing Complaints and Agreements with FMC to be More Expensive
The Federal Maritime Commission is accepting comments through June 27 on a proposal to adjust its user fees as follows.
- increase fees for filing complaints and certain petitions; records searches, document copying, and admissions to practice; paper filing of ocean transportation intermediary applications; filing applications for special permission; and filing agreements
- lower fees for reviewing Freedom of Information Act requests, revising clerical errors on service contracts and non-vessel-operating common carrier service agreements, and providing FMC services to passenger vessel operators
- eliminate fees for adding interested parties to a specific docket mailing list, obtaining a copy of the Regulated Persons Index (which is available online), obtaining database reports on effective carrier agreements, and filing petitions for rulemaking
- add a fee for processing requests for expedited review of agreement filings
- continue lower fees for electronic filing of OTI license applications