The interagency Trade Policy Staff Committee is accepting input to assist the Office of the U.S. Trade Representative in preparing its annual report to Congress on China’s compliance with the commitments it made in connection with its accession to the World Trade Organization. Input may be submitted on a range of topics, including the following.
- trading rights
- import regulation (e.g., tariffs, tariff-rate quotas, quotas, import licenses)
- export regulation
- internal policies affecting trade (e.g., subsidies, standards and technical regulations, sanitary and phytosanitary measures, government procurement, trade-related investment measures, taxes and charges levied on imports and exports)
- intellectual property rights (including enforcement)
- rule of law issues (e.g., transparency, judicial review, uniform administration of laws and regulations) and status of legal reform
- unresolved compliance issues that warrant review and evaluation by USTR
No in-person hearing will be held but written comments are due by Sept. 28.
Copyright © 2022 Sandler, Travis & Rosenberg, P.A.; WorldTrade Interactive, Inc. All rights reserved.