The Bureau of Industry and Security has issued a final rule that, effective June 28, adds 36 entities to the Entity List; revises 11 entries for entities in Belarus, China, Russia, and Slovakia; corrects one entry an entity in Pakistan; and removes entities from China and Pakistan.
This rule adds the following entities to the Entity List for the reasons indicated, imposes a license requirement for exports to these entities of all items subject to the Export Administration Regulations, and provides that applications for such licenses will be reviewed under a presumption of denial. In addition, no license exceptions are available for exports, reexports, or transfers (in-country) to these entities.
- six entities in China, Lithuania, Russia, the United Kingdom, Uzbekistan, and Vietnam for providing support to Russia’s military and/or defense industrial base
- twelve entities in China for using deceptive practices to supply Iran with U.S.-origin electronics that would ultimately provide support to Iran’s military
- eight entities in China and Singapore for acquiring U.S.-origin items in support of military applications
- two entities in Russia acting as agents, fronts, or shell companies for an entity already on the Entity List
- two entities in Russia for acting contrary to U.S. national security and foreign policy interests
- four entities in Pakistan or the United Arab Emirates for posing an unacceptable risk of using or diverting items subject to the EAR to certain nuclear end-uses and certain rocket systems and unmanned aerial vehicles end-uses
- one entity in the UAE for preventing the accomplishment of an end-use check
- one entity in the UAE for reexporting aircraft parts to Syria
Shipments of items removed from eligibility for a license exception or for export, reexport, or transfer (in-country) without a license (NLR) as a result of this rule that were en route aboard a carrier to a port of export, reexport, or transfer on June 28 pursuant to actual orders for export, reexport, or transfer to or within a foreign destination may proceed to that destination under the previous eligibility.
For more information on restrictions on exports to persons on the Entity List or other lists, please contact Kristine Pirnia at (202) 730-4964 or via email.
Copyright © 2022 Sandler, Travis & Rosenberg, P.A.; WorldTrade Interactive, Inc. All rights reserved.