The International Trade Administration and/or International Trade Commission have recently announced the following actions in antidumping and/or countervailing duty cases.
For more information on AD/CV duty issues, including how to mitigate liability, please contact attorney Kristen Smith at (202) 730-4965 or via email. Click here to register for ST&R’s upcoming webinar on these issues.
Chassis – issuance of AD duty order on chassis and subassemblies thereof from China, effective July 8, with current dumping margin of 188.05 percent
New reviews – initiation of administrative reviews of the following AD/CV duty orders for the periods May 1, 2020, through April 30, 2021 (AD) or Jan. 1 through Dec. 31, 2020 (CV)
- aluminum extrusions from China (AD/CV)
- carbon and alloy steel cut-to-length plate from Belgium (AD), Germany (AD), Italy (AD), and Korea (AD/CV)
- carbon and alloy steel wire rod from Korea (AD)
- circular welded carbon steel pipes and tubes from Turkey (AD)
- diffusion-annealed, nickel-plated, flat-rolled steel products from Japan (AD)
- large-diameter welded pipe from Canada (AD), Greece (AD), Korea (AD/CV), and Turkey (AD/CV)
- oil country tubular goods from China (AD)
- polyester staple fiber from Korea (AD)
- polyethylene terephthalate resin from Canada and Oman (AD)
- pure magnesium from China (AD)
- stainless steel plate in coils from Taiwan (AD)
- steel nails from United Arab Emirates (AD)
- stilbenic optical brightening agents from Taiwan (AD)
Plastic bags – sunset review determination that revocation of AD duty orders on polyethylene retail carrier bags from China, Indonesia, Malaysia, Taiwan, Thailand, and Vietnam would be likely to lead to continuation or recurrence of dumping at margins up to 77.57 percent for China, 85.17 percent for Indonesia, 101.74 percent for Malaysia, 95.81 percent for Taiwan, 122.88 percent for Thailand, and 76.11 percent for Vietnam
PTFE resin – preliminary affirmative CV duty determinations on granular polytetrafluoroethylene resin from India and Russia, with new CV cash deposit requirement at rates of 4.75 percent for India and 2.36 percent for Russia, and preliminary affirmative determination of critical circumstances with respect to India
Urea solutions – institution of AD and CV injury investigations of urea ammonium nitrate solutions from Russia and Trinidad & Tobago
Copyright © 2022 Sandler, Travis & Rosenberg, P.A.; WorldTrade Interactive, Inc. All rights reserved.