Effective Jan. 15 the Federal Maritime Commission is increasing for inflation the maximum civil monetary penalty amounts for the following regulatory or statutory violations.
- adverse impact on U.S. carriers by foreign shipping practices: from $2,301,065 to $2,479,282
- violation of 1984 Shipping Act or FMC regulation or order issued thereunder: from $65,666 to $70,752 for knowing and willful violations and from $13,132 to $14,149 for others
- operating in foreign commerce after tariff suspension: from $131,334 to $141,506
- failure to provide required reports: from $10,360 to $11,162
- adverse shipping conditions: from $2,071,819 to $2,232,281
- operating after tariff or service contract suspension: from $103,591 to $111,614
- failure to establish financial responsibility for non-performance of transportation or death or injury: from $26,167 to $28,194
- making false claims or giving false statements in violation of Program Fraud Civil Remedies Act: from $12,537 to $13,508
Copyright © 2023 Sandler, Travis & Rosenberg, P.A.; WorldTrade Interactive, Inc. All rights reserved.