The Office of the U.S. Trade Representative is seeking public comments by Sept. 16 that will help it develop objectives and positions for enhanced engagement and subsequent negotiation under the U.S.-Kenya Strategic Trade and Investment Partnership, including in the following areas.
- general negotiating objectives
- digital economy
- environment and climate change
- transparency and good regulatory practices
- micro, small, and medium-sized enterprises
- worker rights and protections
- participation of women, youth, and others in trade
- standards collaboration
- customs and trade facilitation
- other measures or practices that undermine fair market opportunities for U.S. workers, farmers, ranchers, and businesses
USTR said in July that the two sides planned to begin developing within three months a detailed roadmap for engagement in these areas.
Comments may submitted on regulations.gov using docket number USTR-2022-0008.
For more information on U.S. trade negotiations and how your company could benefit, please contact Nicole Bivens Collinson at (202) 730-4956 or via email.
Copyright © 2022 Sandler, Travis & Rosenberg, P.A.; WorldTrade Interactive, Inc. All rights reserved.