Effective Jan. 15, U.S. Customs and Border Protection has imposed import restrictions on certain archaeological and ethnological material from Morocco. Categories of materials subject to these restrictions, which will remain in effect until Jan. 14, 2026, unless extended, include the following.
- stone architectural elements, mosaics, sculptures, monuments, statuary, figurines, sepulchers, vessels and containers, furniture, tools and weapons, jewelry, seals and stamps, and rock art
- ceramic architectural elements, figurines, vessels and containers, lamps, and objects of daily use
- metal statuary, reliefs, vessels and containers, jewelry, seals and sealings, tools, weapons and armor, lamps, and coins
- bone, ivory, shell, and other organic material items, including small statuary and figurines, reliefs, plaques, jewelry, seals and stamps, vessels, luxury objects, tools, and manuscripts
- glass, faience, and semi-precious stone items, including architectural elements, vessels and containers, jewelry, and lamps
- wall paintings and stucco
- textiles, basketry, and rope
Copyright © 2021 Sandler, Travis & Rosenberg, P.A.; WorldTrade Interactive, Inc. All rights reserved.