Electric Motors. In investigation 337-TA-1073, the International Trade Commission is requesting comments no later than Jan. 7 on any public interest issues raised by a recommendation from the presiding administrative law judge that the ITC issue a limited exclusion order directed to certain infringing thermoplastic-encapsulated electric motors, components thereof, and products and vehicles containing same as well as cease and desist orders against specified respondents. Comments should address whether the issuance of these orders would affect the public health and welfare in the U.S., competitive conditions in the U.S. economy, the production of like or directly competitive articles in the U.S., or U.S. consumers. In particular, the ITC is interested in comments that:
- explain how the articles potentially subject to the orders are used in the U.S.;
- identify any public health, safety, or welfare concerns in the U.S. relating to the potential orders;
- identify like or directly competitive articles that the complainant, its licensees, or third parties make in the U.S. that could replace the subject articles if they were to be excluded;
- indicate whether the complainant, its licensees, and/or third-party suppliers have the capacity to replace the volume of articles potentially subject to the requested orders within a commercially reasonable time; and
- explain how the requested orders would impact U.S. consumers.
Carburetors. The ITC has terminated patent infringement investigation 337-TA-1123 of carburetors and products containing such with respect to two respondents on the basis of separate consent orders with complainant Walbro Inc.
Submarine Telecom Systems. The ITC has terminated patent infringement investigation 337-TA-1113 of submarine telecommunication systems and components, without the imposition of import restrictions, based on the withdrawal of the complaint by NEC Corporation and NEC Corporation of America.
Powered Cover Plates. The ITC has terminated patent infringement investigation 337-TA-1124 of powered cover plates with respect to one respondent based on a settlement with complainant SnapRays LLC.
Earpiece Devices. The ITC has terminate patent infringement investigation 337-TA-1121 of earpiece devices and components thereof with respect to one respondent based on a consent order and settlement with complainant Bose Corporation.
Copyright © 2021 Sandler, Travis & Rosenberg, P.A.; WorldTrade Interactive, Inc. All rights reserved.