OTI Rules to be Updated
The Federal Maritime Commission voted recently to issue a final rule updating the licensing rules for ocean transportation intermediaries. An FMC press release did not indicate whether the final rule will include any changes from the proposed rule but said it will do the following.
- clarify who is eligible to be a qualified individual when partnerships are involved
- require non-vessel-operating common carriers to file a Form FMC-1 before being issued a license
- clarify that the initial renewal of an OTI license can take place no sooner than one year and no later than four years from issuance and that all subsequent renewals will take place on regular three-year intervals
License Revocations and Applications
The FMC has given notice that the following OTI licenses have been revoked. A revocation may occur after a license is surrendered voluntarily by the OTI or for failure to maintain a valid bond.
- license #013443F: Quality Customs Broker Inc., Milwaukee, WI
- license #022073N: Taymegs Impex Inc., Arlington, TX
The FMC has also provided notice that the following have filed applications (a) for OTI licenses as NVOCCs and/or ocean freight forwarders or (b) to amend an existing OTI license or the qualifying individual for a licensee.
- Cargo Compass Spa LLC dba Compass Lines, Staten Island, NY (new NVO and OFF license)
- Damco International B.V. dba Damco Sea and Air dba Damco dba Damco Maritime dba Twill, Den Haag, Netherlands (QI change)
- Damco USA Inc. dba Damco dba Damco Sea and Air dba Damco Maritime dba DSL Star Express dba Maersk Logistics, Florham Park, NJ (QI change)
- EZ Export Inc., Dulles, VA (adding NVOCC services)
- Flat Rate International LLC, Bronx, NY (QI change)
- GEFCO Forwarding USA Inc., Elk Grove Village, IL (QI change)
- Hancock International Corporation dba Hancock International dba Empyrean Line, Carol Stream, IL (adding trade names Navline and Navalis)
- IMC International Inc. dba Logicargo ASL Int’l Corp., Doral, FL (new OFF license)
- Ocean Blue Express Inc., Compton, CA (adding OFF services)
- Packair Airfreight Inc. dba Packair Ocean Freight, Gardena, CA (QI change)
- PLS USA Inc., Long Beach, CA (new NVO license)
- Pluscargo USA LLC, Miami, FL (new NVO and OFF license)
- Service Shipping Inc. dba SSI Lines, Elk Grove Village, IL (QI change)
- Stealth Worldwide LLC dba Stealth Ocean Transport, Palm Beach Gardens, FL (new NVO license)
- TTD of USA Corporation, Miami, FL (new NVO license)
Copyright © 2023 Sandler, Travis & Rosenberg, P.A.; WorldTrade Interactive, Inc. All rights reserved.