The State Department has determined that the following entities have engaged in activities that warrant the imposition of penalties for the transfer to or acquisition from Iran, Syria, or North Korea of goods, services, or technology controlled under multilateral control lists or otherwise having the potential to make a material contribution to the development of weapons of mass destruction or cruise or ballistic missile systems.
- Chengdu Best New Materials Co Ltd. (China)
- Zibo Elim Trade Company Ltd. (China)
- Aviazapchast (Russia)
- Joint Stock Company Elecon (Russia)
- Nilco Group (aka Nil Fam Khazar Company, aka Santers Holding) (Russia)
As a result, effective Nov. 6 and for two years thereafter, the following measures have been imposed against these entities and any successors, sub-units, or subsidiaries thereof.
- no U.S. government department or agency may procure or enter into any contract for the procurement of any goods, technology, or services from these entities
- no U.S. government department or agency may provide any assistance to these entities and they are not eligible to participate in any U.S. government assistance program
- no U.S. government sales to these entities of any item on the U.S. Munitions List are permitted and all sales to these entities of any defense articles, defense services, or design and construction services under the Arms Export Control Act are terminated
- no new individual licenses will be granted for the transfer to these entities of items the export of which is controlled under the Export Administration Act of 1979 or the Export Administration Regulations, and any existing such licenses are suspended
For more information, please contact Kristine Pirnia.
Copyright © 2021 Sandler, Travis & Rosenberg, P.A.; WorldTrade Interactive, Inc. All rights reserved.