The International Trade Administration and/or International Trade Commission have recently announced the following actions in antidumping and/or countervailing duty cases.
For more information on AD/CV duty issues, including how to mitigate liability, please contact Kristen Smith at (202) 730-4965.
Cold-rolled steel – rescission of administrative review of AD duty order on cold-rolled steel flat products from Korea for the period Sept. 1, 2018, through Aug. 31, 2019, with respect to 32 companies and instruction to CBP to assess AD duties on entries of such goods at the applicable cash deposit rates
MSG – sunset review determination that revocation of AD duty orders on monosodium glutamate from China and Indonesia would be likely to lead to continuation or recurrence of material injury within a reasonably foreseeable time
Nails – sunset review determinations that (1) revocation of AD duty orders on steel nails from Korea, Malaysia, Taiwan, and Vietnam would be likely to lead to continuation or recurrence of dumping at margins up to 11.8 percent, 39.35 percent, 2.24 percent, and 323.99 percent, respectively, and (2) revocation of CV duty order on steel nails from Vietnam would be likely to lead to continuation or recurrence of countervailable subsidies at rates of 288.56 to 313.97 percent
New reviews – initiation of administrative reviews of the following AD and/or CV duty orders for the periods Aug. 1, 2019, through July 31, 2020 (AD) and Jan. 1 through Dec. 31, 2020 (CV), unless otherwise noted
- dioctyl terephthalate from Korea (AD)
- finished carbon steel flanges from India (AD/CV)
- frozen fish fillets from Vietnam (AD)
- hydrofluorocarbon blends from China (AD)
- large power transformers from Korea (AD)
- light-walled rectangular pipe and tube from China and Mexico (AD)
- low-melt polyester staple fiber from Korea (AD)
- passenger vehicle and light truck tires from China (AD/CV)
- polyethylene retail carrier bags from China and Malaysia (AD)
- ripe olives from Spain (AD/CV)
- small diameter carbon and alloy seamless standard, line, and pressure pipe from Romania (AD)
- steel nails from China (AD)
- steel propane cylinders from Thailand (AD; Dec. 27, 2018, through July 31, 2020)
- tin mill products from Japan (AD)
Polyethylene – preliminary affirmative dumping determination on ultra-high molecular weight polyethylene from Korea and new AD cash deposit requirement at rate of 7.8 percent
Copyright © 2023 Sandler, Travis & Rosenberg, P.A.; WorldTrade Interactive, Inc. All rights reserved.