Upcoming Webinars in the Series
Export Control 201: Mastering the Export Administration Regulations
Export Control 201: Mastering the OFAC Sanction Regulations
Export Control 201: Mastering the International Traffic in Arms Regulations
Export Control 301: Developing an EAR and OFAC Compliance Program for Exporters
Export Control 301: Developing an ITAR Compliance Program
Export Control 401: Developing and Administering an Export Control Audit Program
Export Control 101: A Primer on the EAR, ITAR, and OFAC Regulations
Webinar: 1 CES Credit
As international trade matters continue to make headlines, it’s more important than ever that global companies understand U.S. export control and sanctions laws. From shipping products and doing business internationally to employing foreign nationals, U.S. export control and sanctions laws can impact every part of a company’s operations. This webinar will provide you with critical knowledge and skills to understand the basics of the Department of Commerce’s Export Administration Regulations, the Department of State’s International Traffic in Arms Regulations and the Treasury Department’s Office of Foreign Assets Control sanction regulations.
- U.S. export control regimes and their respective controls
- how to determine the appropriate regulations and export classification for items being exported
- export license and related screening requirements under the various agencies (e.g., restricted parties, embargoed/sanctioned countries, end-use, red flags, and anti-boycott)
- complying with the EAR and ITAR “deemed export” rules for foreign nationals
- navigating OFAC’s economic sanctions and embargo programs
- consequences of non-compliance
- options for mitigating penalties for non-compliance, including through voluntary self-disclosure
JENNA GLASS is a senior export controls advisor for Sandler, Travis & Rosenberg, P.A., resident in the San Francisco office. She focuses on Export Administration Regulations, International Traffic in Arms Regulations, and Office of Foreign Assets Control sanctions matters, including the development and implementation of compliance programs, export and deemed export licensing, investigations and enforcement matters, and related counseling and advice.
JARED P. HOLLETT is an Associate with Sandler, Travis & Rosenberg, P.A., resident in the San Francisco office, and a member of its Export Controls & Sanctions Practice. He focuses his practice on the International Traffic in Arms Regulations and the Export Administration Regulations, along with the sanctions regulations administered by the Office of Foreign Assets Control.