The interagency Trade Policy Staff Committee is accepting input to assist the Office of the U.S. Trade Representative in preparing its annual report to Congress on Russia’s compliance with the commitments it made in connection with its accession to the World Trade Organization. Input may be submitted on a range of topics, including the following.
- import regulation (e.g., tariffs, tariff-rate quotas, quotas, import licenses)
- export regulation
- standards and technical regulations
- sanitary and phytosanitary measures
- trade-related investment measures (including local content requirements)
- taxes and charges levied on imports and exports
- other internal policies affecting trade
- intellectual property rights (including enforcement)
- government procurement
- rule of law issues (e.g., transparency, judicial review, uniform administration of laws and regulations)
- trade facilitation
A virtual public hearing will be held Oct. 12. Written comments and requests to testify at the hearing are due by Sept. 20.
Copyright © 2023 Sandler, Travis & Rosenberg, P.A.; WorldTrade Interactive, Inc. All rights reserved.