Sandler, Travis & Rosenberg, P.A.
Areas of Practice
- Border Security Program: C-TPAT
- Civil Detention & Forfeitures
- Customs & International Trade Litigation
- Customs Communications, Investigations & Regulatory Audits
- Duty Drawback
- First Sale
- Foreign Trade Zones & Other Duty Deferral Programs
- Free Trade Agreements & Other Preference Programs
- Import Compliance
- Intellectual Property Litigation
- Product Safety
- Rules of Origin Determinations & Country of Origin Marking
- Customs and International Trade Bar Association
- American Bar Association
- District of Columbia Bar Association
Admitted to practice
- U.S. Supreme Court
- U.S. Court of International Trade
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Federal Circuit
- U.S. Court of Federal Claims
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Second Circuit
- U.S. District Courts for the Southern and Eastern Districts of New York
State Bar Memberships
- District of Columbia
- New York
New York University School of Law, J.D.
Queens College of the City University of New York, B.A.
PATRICK D. GILL serves as Of Counsel to Sandler, Travis & Rosenberg, P.A., resident in New York.
A seasoned litigator, Mr. Gill represents clients before the courts and administrative agencies in matters pertaining to customs and international trade.
Mr. Gill began his legal career as a trial attorney in the office of the Assistant Attorney General of the United States, Department of Justice, Customs Section. Before joining ST&R he practiced with the Rode & Qualey law firm. He is a member of the Bars of the State of New York, the U.S. Supreme Court, the District of Columbia, the U.S. Court of International Trade, the U.S. Court of Appeals for the Federal Circuit, the U.S. Court of Federal Claims, the U.S. Court of Appeals for the Second Circuit, and the U.S. District Courts for the Southern and Eastern Districts of New York.
Mr. Gill is a two-term past president of the Customs and International Trade Bar Association and is a member of the American Bar Association and the District of Columbia Bar Association. He was a member of the Executive Committee of the National Export Traffic League and the President of that trade group. Mr. Gill has served as a member of the Special Advisory Committee on Rules and Practice of the United States Court of International Trade and on other committees of that Court and the Court of Appeals for the Federal Circuit. He is a frequent lecturer before various industry trade groups and professional associations.
Mr. Gill received his B.A. from Queens College of the City University of New York and his J.D. from the New York University School of Law.
- January 7, 2015
"The Implementation of the Country of Origin Regulations: A Case Study" (Boston College International and Comparative Law Review; Vol. X, No. 2 - Summer 1987)
"U.S. Customs Rulings, Litigation and Appeals," Import Handbook (John Wiley & Sons, 1997)