U.S. Customs and Border Protection’s Commercial Customs Operations Advisory Committee will hold its quarterly meeting Dec. 5 outside of Washington, D.C. Members of the public should register by Dec. 4 to attend this meeting in person or via webinar. Meeting materials will be available here by Dec. 3.
The following topics are expected to be discussed at the Dec. 5 meeting.
- scope and activities of the Trusted Trader and CTPAT Minimum Security Criteria working groups
- recommendations regarding the proposed forced labor trusted trader strategy
- recommendations regarding the results of a proof of concept test that used the Automated Commercial Environment to electronically report and manage petroleum moving in-bond via pipeline
- recommendations regarding potential automation, visibility, system, and regulatory issues concerning in-bond shipments
- mapping the supply chains of various modes of transportation to identify the differences between e-commerce and traditional channels
- review of CBP regulations and preparation of high-level recommendations for reform
Copyright © 2021 Sandler, Travis & Rosenberg, P.A.; WorldTrade Interactive, Inc. All rights reserved.