U.S. Customs and Border Protection has announced that the Commercial Customs Operations Advisory Committee will hold an open meeting March 1 in Washington, D.C. Those interested in attending in person should register here, and those wishing to participate via webinar should register here, no later than Feb. 28.
Topics to be discussed at this meeting include the following.
- trade facilitation best practices in the U.S. and abroad
- strategic modernization of CBP’s revenue collections process and systems
- process improvements in the receipt and issuance of CBP headquarters rulings and decisions
- progress and completion of the Automated Commercial Environment, core functions, and the single window effort
- the Customs-Trade Partnership Against Terrorism, including a draft supply chain security best practice framework
- an enhanced trusted trader concept that includes engagement with CBP and relevant partner government agencies and has the potential for international interoperability
- proposed truck manifest data elements compared to Canadian elements
- post-departure filing
- antidumping and countervailing duties
- intellectual property rights
- forced labor