Effective Dec. 28, the Office of the U.S. Trade Representative is extending for 12 months the exclusions of the following List 1 products from the Section 301 additional 25 percent tariff on imports from China.
- HTSUS 8418.69.0120 (drinking water coolers, self-contained)
- HTSUS 8525.60.1010 (CB transceivers)
- roller machines with dies for embossing paper, manually powered (described in HTSUS 8420.10.9080)
- angle cock handle assemblies, of iron and steel, each measuring 11.43 cm by 21.59 cm by 5.08 cm and weighing 0.748 kg (described in HTSUS 8481.90.9040)
- radiation therapy systems, each encased by steel-based structural shell with gantry cover comprising three pairs of plastics-based panels (described in HTSUS 9022.14.0000)
- thermostats designed for air conditioning or heating systems, not designed to connect to the Internet, the foregoing designed for wall mounting (described in HTSUS 9032.10.0030)
These exclusions are available for any product that meets the specified product description, regardless of whether the importer filed an exclusion request. The scope of each exclusion is governed by the scope of the product descriptions and not by the product descriptions in any particular request.
USTR has declined to extend the other 33 exclusions granted in December 2018, which cover such items as spark-ignition engines for marine propulsion, stainless steel stretchers, plastic salad spinners, water filtration apparatus, winches, elevators, belt conveyors, work stands, and stainless steel guards, scrapers, and suction boxes. These exclusions will therefore expire as of Dec. 28, at which point the 25 percent additional tariff will again be imposed on covered goods.
For more information on Section 301 tariffs, including exclusions, please contact trade consultant Nicole Bivens Collinson at (202) 730-4956 or trade attorney Kristen Smith at (202) 730-4965.
Copyright © 2022 Sandler, Travis & Rosenberg, P.A.; WorldTrade Interactive, Inc. All rights reserved.