U.S. Customs and Border Protection has issued a reminder that as of June 15 all electronic entries and entry summaries for goods subject to Food and Drug Administration import requirements and associated with the following entry types must be filed in the Automated Commercial Environment regardless of other participating government agency requirements.
- 01 (consumption)
- 03 (consumption, antidumping/countervailing duty)
- 06 (consumption, foreign-trade zone, except those with AD/CV or quota, which must be filed in the Automated Commercial System until July 23)
- 11 (informal)
- 23 (temporary importation under bond)
- 51 (Defense Contract Administration Service Region)
- 52 (government – dutiable)
CBP states that if National Highway Traffic Safety Administration, Lacey Act and/or FDA data is required it must be filed via the PGA message set. All other PGA requirements must comply with instructions found in the interim guidance until the electronic filing of each remaining PGA message set in ACE is mandated (specific summer 2016 dates to be announced).
Click here for more information on the ongoing phases of the ACE transition.