The exclusions of the following products from the Section 301 additional 25 percent tariff on imports of List 1 goods from China have been extended through March 25, 2021.
- HTSUS 8412.21.0045 (telescoping hydraulic power engines and motors)
- HTSUS 8607.21.1000 (air brakes for vehicles of headings 8605 or 8606)
- breast pumps, whether or not with accessories or batteries (HTSUS 8413.81.0040)
- machinery for filtering water, submersible, powered by batteries, manually operated, such machinery designed for use in pools, basins, aquariums, spas or similar contained bodies of water (HTSUS 8421.21.0000)
- hand-held ultraviolet water purifiers, powered by batteries (HTSUS 8421.21.0000)
- filters designed to remove sulfites from wine (HTSUS 8421.22.0000)
- filter housings, covers, or couplings, the foregoing of steel and comprising parts of machinery or apparatus for filtering liquids (HTSUS 8421.99.0040)
- vulcanized rubber tracks, each incorporating cords and cleats of steel, designed for use on construction equipment (HTSUS 8431.49.9095)
- automated data processing storage units (other than magnetic disk drive units), not assembled in cabinets for placing on a table or similar place, not presented with any other unit of a system (HTSUS 8471.70.6000)
- electric motors, AC, permanent split capacitor type, each in a housing with outside diameter of 84 mm or less, with output of 6 W or more but not exceeding 16 W (HTSUS 8501.10.4020)
- inoculator sets of plastics, each consisting of a plate with multiple wells, a display tray, and a lid; when assembled, the set measuring 105 mm or more but not exceeding 108 mm in width, 138 mm or more but not exceeding 140 mm in depth, and 6.5 mm or less in thickness (HTSUS 9027.90.5650)
These exclusions are available for any product that meets the specified product description, regardless of whether the importer filed an exclusion request. The scope of each exclusion is governed by the scope of the product descriptions and not by the product descriptions in any particular request.
USTR has declined to extend the other 22 exclusions granted in March 2019, which cover such items as impellers and impeller housings; salad spinners; water filters for pools, aquariums, etc.; steel bucket elevators; self-propelled pavers; check valves; electrical transformers; soldering irons; liquid crystal display modules; and musical tuners. These exclusions will therefore expire as of March 25, at which point the 25 percent additional tariff will again be imposed on covered goods.
For more information on Section 301 tariffs, including exclusions, please contact trade consultant Nicole Bivens Collinson at (202) 730-4956 or trade attorney Kristen Smith at (202) 730-4965.
Copyright © 2021 Sandler, Travis & Rosenberg, P.A.; WorldTrade Interactive, Inc. All rights reserved.