The Office of the U.S. Trade Representative has announced a third batch of products to be excluded from the additional 25 percent duty imposed on some $34 billion worth of imports from China (List 1 goods). These exclusions will be retroactive to July 6, 2018, and remain in place until April 18, 2020. USTR notes that it will continue to issue decisions on pending exclusion requests on a periodic basis.
The exclusions cover the following products and reflect 348 separate exclusion requests.
- pumps for countertop appliances for serving beer (HTSUS 8413.19.0000)
- roller machines designed for cutting, etching, or embossing paper, foil, or fabric (HTSUS 8420.10.9080)
- water oxidizers and chlorinators (HTSUS 8421.21.0000)
- ratchet winches designed for use with textile fabric strapping (HTSUS 8425.39.0100)
- continuous action elevators and conveyors designed to convey mineral materials (HTSUS 8428.33.0000)
- counterweight castings of iron or steel designed for use on fork lift and other works trucks (HTSUS 8431.20.0000)
- tines, carriages, and other goods handling apparatus and parts designed for use on fork lift and other works trucks (HTSUS 8431.20.0000)
- parts of drill sharpening machines (HTSUS 8466.93.9885)
- outer shells of hydraulic accumulators (HTSUS 8479.90.9496)
- parts of mechanical awnings and shades (HTSUS 8479.90.9496)
- certain parts of metal shredders (HTSUS 8479.90.9496)
- steering wheels designed for watercraft (HTSUS 8479.90.9496)
- pressure regulators of brass or bronze (HTSUS 8481.10.0090)
- pipe brackets of aluminum designed for installation into air brake control valves (HTSUS 8481.90.9040)
- push pins and C-poles of steel designed for use in variable force solenoid valves (HTSUS 8481.90.9040)
- ball bearings of a width not exceeding 30 mm (HTSUS 8482.10.5032)
- inductor baseplates of aluminum (HTSUS 8504.90.9690)
- parts of soldering irons and soldering machines (HTSUS 8515.90.4000)
- motor vehicle gear shift switch assemblies (HTSUS 8536.50.9065)
- pressure switches designed for use in heat pumps and air-conditioning condensers (HTSUS 8536.50.9065)
- instruments for measuring or checking voltage or electrical connections (HTSUS 9030.33.3800)
These exclusions must be claimed using new HTSUS subheading 9903.88.07. They are available for any product that meets the specific product description, regardless of whether the importer filed an exclusion request. USTR notes that the scope of each exclusion is governed by the scope of the product descriptions set forth in its notice and not by the product descriptions in any particular request for exclusion.
For more information on Section 301 tariffs, including exclusion requests, please contact Nicole Bivens Collinson at (202) 730-4956 or Kristen Smith at (202) 730-4965.
Copyright © 2022 Sandler, Travis & Rosenberg, P.A.; WorldTrade Interactive, Inc. All rights reserved.