The Office of the U.S. Trade Representative has extended through April 18, 2021, the exclusion of the following products from the Section 301 additional 25 percent tariff on imports of List 1 goods from China.
- roller machines designed for cutting, etching, or embossing paper, foil, or fabric, manually powered (described in HTSUS 8420.10.9080)
- ratchet winches designed for use with textile fabric strapping (described in HTSUS 8425.39.0100)
- counterweight castings of iron or steel designed for use on forklift and other works trucks (described in HTSUS 8431.20.0000)
- tines, carriages, and other goods handling apparatus and parts designed for use on forklift and other works trucks (described in HTSUS 8431.20.0000)
- certain parts of metal shredders (described in HTSUS 8479.90.9496)
- steering wheels designed for watercraft (described in HTSUS 8479.90.9496)
- pipe brackets of aluminum designed for installation into air brake control valves (described in HTSUS 8481.90.9040)
- instruments for measuring or checking voltage or electrical connections (described in HTSUS 9030.33.3800)
These exclusions are available for any product that meets the specified product description, regardless of whether the importer filed an exclusion request. The scope of each exclusion is governed by the scope of the specified 10-digit HTSUS subheadings and product descriptions and not by the product descriptions in any particular request.
On the other hand, the tariff exclusions granted in April 2019 for the following items are not being extended and will therefore expire April 18, at which point the 25 percent additional tariff will again be imposed on these goods.
- pumps for countertop appliances for serving beer (described in HTSUS 8413.19.0000)
- water oxidizers and chlorinators (described in HTSUS 8421.21.0000)
- continuous action elevators and conveyors designed to convey mineral materials (described in HTSUS 8428.33.0000)
- parts of drill sharpening machines (described in HTSUS 8466.93.9885)
- outer shells of hydraulic accumulators (described in HTSUS 8479.90.9496)
- parts of mechanical awnings and shades (described in HTSUS 8479.90.9496)
- pressure regulators of brass or bronze (described in HTSUS 8481.10.0090)
- push pins and C-poles of steel designed for use in variable force solenoid valves (described in HTSUS 8481.90.9040)
- ball bearings of a width not exceeding 30 mm (described in HTSUS 8482.10.5032)
- inductor baseplates of aluminum (described in HTSUS 8504.90.9690)
- parts of soldering irons and soldering machines (described in HTSUS 8515.90.4000)
- motor vehicle gear shift switch assemblies (described in HTSUS 8536.50.9065)
- pressure switches designed for use in heat pumps and air-conditioning condensers (described in HTSUS 8536.50.9065)
For more information on Section 301 tariffs, including exclusions, please contact trade consultant Nicole Bivens Collinson at (202) 730-4956 or trade attorney Kristen Smith at (202) 730-4965.
Copyright © 2021 Sandler, Travis & Rosenberg, P.A.; WorldTrade Interactive, Inc. All rights reserved.