The Coast Guard’s Chemical Transportation Advisory Committee and its subcommittees will hold public meetings March 1-3 in Houston to discuss the safe and secure marine transportation of hazardous materials. At its meeting March 3 the full committee will review, discuss and formulate recommendations on the following items.
- harmonization of response and carriage requirement for oil-like substances, including biofuels and biofuel blends
- safety standards for the design of vessels carrying natural gas or using natural gas as fuel
- recommendations for safety standards for ship-to-ship transfer of hazardous material outside the baseline
- recommendations for guidance on the implementation of revisions to MARPOL Annex II and the International Code for the Construction and Equipment of Ships Carrying Dangerous Chemicals in Bulk
- improving implementation and education of discharge requirements related to solid bulk cargo residues
- update on guidelines for marine vapor control system certifying entities and VCS supplementary guidance for the implementation of the final rule
In addition, the Coast Guard will provide updates on International Maritime Organization activities, as well as U.S. regulations and policy initiatives, as they relate to the marine transportation of hazardous materials.
Copyright © 2021 Sandler, Travis & Rosenberg, P.A.; WorldTrade Interactive, Inc. All rights reserved.