Two-Way Radios. In patent infringement investigation 337-TA-1053 of two-way radio equipment and systems, related software, and components thereof, the International Trade Commission is requesting comments no later than Aug. 10 on any public interest issues raised by the presiding administrative law judge’s recommendation that the ITC, should it find a violation, issue a limited exclusion order against infringing goods and cease and desist orders against the infringing respondents. Comments should address whether the issuance of such orders would affect the public health and welfare in the U.S., competitive conditions in the U.S. economy, the production of like or directly competitive articles in the U.S., or U.S. consumers. In particular, the ITC is interested in comments that:
- explain how the articles potentially subject to the orders are used in the U.S.;
- identify any public health, safety, or welfare concerns in the U.S. relating to the potential orders;
- identify like or directly competitive articles that the complainant, its licensees, or third parties make in the U.S. that could replace the subject articles if they were to be excluded;
- indicate whether the complainant, its licensees, and/or third-party suppliers have the capacity to replace the volume of articles potentially subject to the requested orders within a commercially reasonable time; and
- explain how the requested orders would impact U.S. consumers.
LED Lighting Devices. The ITC has terminated patent infringement investigation 337-TA-1107 of LED lighting devices and components thereof with respect to one respondent based on a license agreement with complainant Fraen Corporation.
Copyright © 2021 Sandler, Travis & Rosenberg, P.A.; WorldTrade Interactive, Inc. All rights reserved.