The Drug Enforcement Administration is accepting through March 2 comments on a proposed rule that would permanently add the following substances to schedule I of the Controlled Substances Act along with their isomers, esters, ethers, salts, and salts of isomers, esters, and ethers.
- cyclopentyl fentanyl (N-(1-phenethylpiperidin-4-yl)-N-phenylcyclopentanecarboxamide)
- isobutyryl fentanyl (N-(1-phenethylpiperidin-4-yl)-N-phenylisobutyramide)
- para-chloroisobutyryl fentanyl (N-(4-chlorophenyl)-N-(1-phenethylpiperidin-4-yl)isobutyramide)
- paramethoxybutyryl fentanyl (N-(4-methoxyphenyl)-N-(1-phenethylpiperidin-4-yl)butyramide)
- valeryl fentanyl (N-(1-phenethylpiperidin-4-yl)-Nphenylpentanamide)
This rule would make permanent the administrative, civil, and criminal sanctions and regulatory controls applicable to schedule I substances on the importation, exportation, manufacture, distribution, possession, research and conduct of instructional activities, and chemical analysis of these substances.