The Office of the U.S. Trade Representative will hold a public hearing Jan. 30 for its reviews of the following in connection with the Generalized System of Preferences.
- whether Azerbaijan, Georgia, Kazakhstan, and Uzbekistan are affording workers internationally-recognized worker rights
- whether Ecuador is acting in good faith in recognizing as binding or in enforcing applicable arbitral awards
- whether Indonesia and South Africa are providing adequate and effective protection of intellectual property rights
- whether Indonesia and Thailand are providing equitable and reasonable access to their markets and basic commodity resources
- whether Laos meets all of the GSP eligibility criteria and should be newly designated as a beneficiary country
Pre-hearing briefs and comments are due by Jan. 17 and post-hearing briefs are due by Feb. 28.
For more information on GSP, please contact trade consultant David Olave at (202) 730-4960.