Approvals. The Foreign-Trade Zones Board has authorized the following.
- production under zone procedures at the AFE Inc. facility within FTZ 41 in Mount Pleasant, Wis., which will be used to produce whiteboard monitors/interactive displays and televisions with and without tuners
- an expansion of production authority at the Aker Solutions Inc. facility within FTZ 82 in Mobile, Ala., which already had authority for the production of undersea umbilicals, to add finished products and foreign status materials and components
- production under zone procedures at the Marine Industries Association of South Florida facility within FTZ 241 in Ft. Lauderdale, Fla., which is used for yacht repair and refitting
- production under zone procedures at the Quad/Graphics Inc. facilities within subzone 41O in Hartford and Sussex, Wis., which are used for the production of offset and gravure publication printing ink (subject to a requirement that all foreign-status inputs used in the production activity be admitted to the subzone in privileged foreign status)
- establishment of subzone 76C at the SDI USA LLC facility in Meriden, Conn.
Requests. The FTZ Board has received from the Greater Mississippi Foreign-Trade Zone Inc., grantee of FTZ 158, a request for expanded production authority at the MTD Consumer Group Inc. facility in Verona, Miss., which is used for the production of walk-behind lawn mowers using textile grass-catcher bags. The FTZ Board previously authorized production subject to a restriction that the bags be admitted in domestic/duty-paid status, and the application now seeks authority to use foreign-status textile grass-catcher bags. Comments are due no later than June 11.
The FTZ Board has received from the Greater Metropolitan Area Foreign Trade Zone Commission, grantee of FTZ 119, a request for subzone status for the AGCO Corporation facilities in Jackson and Round Lake, Minn. No authorization for production activity has been requested at this time. Comments on this request are due no later than May 22.