The Foreign-Trade Zones Board has approved the following.
- the expansion of FTZ 281 under the alternative site framework to include an additional magnet site at Miami International Airport, adjacent to the Miami U.S. Customs and Border Protection port of entry
- production under zone procedures at the Lockheed Martin Corporation Space Systems Company facility within subzone 123G in Littleton, Colo., which will be used for the production of satellites and other spacecraft
- the reorganization of FTZ 19 under the ASF to include a service area of Burt, Cass, Dodge, Douglas, Sarpy, Saunders, and Washington counties in Nebraska, in and adjacent to the Omaha CBP port of entry
- the establishment of subzone 123H at the Ackerman North America LLC/dba Amann USA facilities in Broomfield, Colo.
- production under zone procedures at the Vision Technologies Marine Inc. facility within FTZ 92 in Pascagoula, Miss., which is used for the production of oceangoing vessels, subject to the following conditions: (1) any foreign steel mill products admitted for the approved activity that is not incorporated into goods otherwise classified and is used in manufacturing will be subject to full customs duties in accordance with applicable law unless the Board determines that the same item is not then being produced by a domestic steel mill; and (b) Vision must annually advise the Board as to significant new contracts with appropriate information concerning foreign purchases otherwise dutiable so that the Board may consider whether any foreign dutiable items are being imported for manufacturing in the zone primarily because of FTZ procedures and whether the Board should consider requiring customs duties to be paid on such items
Separately, the FTZ Board has received from Panasonic Eco Solutions Solar New York America a notification of proposed production activity at its facility within subzone 23E in Buffalo, N.Y., which is used for the production of crystalline silicon photovoltaic solar panels and modules. Comments are due by March 26.
Copyright © 2021 Sandler, Travis & Rosenberg, P.A.; WorldTrade Interactive, Inc. All rights reserved.