The Foreign-Trade Zones Board has announced the following actions.
For more information on how FTZs can benefit your business, please contact customs and trade attorney Lenny Feldman at (305) 894-1011 or consultant Tom Gould at (213) 453-0897.
- received a notification of proposed production activity at the ZF Chassis Systems Duncan LLC facility within FTZ 38 in Duncan, S.C., where ZF already has authority to produce automotive suspension systems, to add foreign-status materials and components to the scope of authority (comments due by Sept. 9)
- received a request to reorganize FTZ 213 under the alternative site framework to cover a service area of Charlotte, Collier, and Lee counties in Florida, within and adjacent to the Ft. Myers U.S. Customs and Border Protection port of entry (comments due by Sept. 30)
- received an application to expand subzone 22F at the Abbott Laboratories facility in Elk Grove Village, Ill. (comments due by Sept. 11)
- received a notification of proposed production activity at the ProAmpac Holdings Inc. facility within FTZ 201 in Westfield, Mass., which is used for the production of flexible packaging for food, medical, pharmaceutical, and other consumer and industrial applications (comments due by Sept. 11)
- authorized production under zone procedures at the Electrolux Home Products Inc. facility within FTZ 38 in Anderson, S.C., which is used for the production of refrigerators and freezers
- authorized the expansion of the service area of FTZ 263 to include York County, Maine
- authorized the expansion of production under zone procedures at the Samsung Electronics America Inc. facility within FTZ 168 in Coppell, Texas, which already had authority for the kitting of mobile phones and tablet computers, to add a foreign-status material or component to the scope of authority
- authorized production under zone procedures at the EBI LLC facility within FTZ 238 in Dublin, Va., subject to a restriction requiring certain foreign-status components to be admitted in privileged foreign status
Copyright © 2023 Sandler, Travis & Rosenberg, P.A.; WorldTrade Interactive, Inc. All rights reserved.