The Foreign-Trade Zones Board has recently announced the actions listed below. For more information on how FTZs can benefit your business, please contact customs and trade attorney Lenny Feldman at (305) 894-1011.
- approved the establishment of subzone 107D at the Warehouse Specialists LLC facility in Council Bluffs, Iowa
- approved production under zone procedures at the Ball Metal Beverage Container Corporation facility within FTZ 277 in Goodyear, Ariz., which is used for the production of aluminum cans and briquettes
- reorganized FTZ 262 to include a service area of DeSoto County, Miss., in and adjacent to the Memphis port of entry
- received an application for subzone status at the Mitsubishi Electric Automotive America Inc. facility within FTZ 47 in Maysville, Ky. (comments due by May 18)
- received a notification of proposed production activity at the BLU Products Inc. facility within FTZ 32 in Doral, Fla., which will be used for the assembly, disassembly, and kitting of cellular phones and their accessories and components (comments due by May 18)