The Foreign-Trade Zones Board has recently announced the actions listed below.
For more information on how FTZs can benefit your business, please contact customs and trade attorney Lenny Feldman at (305) 894-1011 or trade consultant Tom Gould at (213) 453-0897.
- received a notification of proposed production activity at the Teijin Carbon Fibers Inc. facility within FTZ 38 in Greenwood, S.C., which will be used for the production of polyacrylonitrile-based carbon fiber (comments due by Aug. 5)
- received an application to expand the service area of FTZ 280, which currently includes Ada and Canyon counties in Idaho, to include Elmore County (comments due by Aug. 27)
- received an application for subzone status for the Waterfront Enterprises LLC facilities within FTZ 162 in New Haven, Conn. (comments due by Aug. 7)
- received a notification of proposed production activity at the Whirlpool Corporation facility within FTZ 100 in Greenville, Ohio, which is used for the production of small appliances (comments due by Aug. 7)
- received a notification of proposed production activity at the Vision Technologies Marine Inc. facility within FTZ 92 in Pascagoula, Miss., which already has authority to produce oceangoing vessels, offshore platforms, and floating docks, to add a finished product and a range of foreign-status materials and components (comments due by Aug. 12)
- authorized production under zone procedures at the Calsonic Kansei North America facilities within FTZ 78 in Shelbyville and Lewisburg, Tenn., which will be used to produce a variety of automotive parts and subassemblies for use in the automotive industry
- authorized production under zone procedures at the Universal Metal Products Inc. facility within subzone 12B in Pharr, Texas, which will be used for the stripping, bending, stamping, sanding, grinding, sawing, welding, riveting, tapping, washing, and heat treating of steel sheets and coils and other metallic components into parts for commercial and industrial use
- approved the establishment of subzone 186B at the Maine Coast Shellfish LLC facility in York Maine