Supply Chain Investigation Shifts to East Coast
The Federal Maritime Commission has announced that its factfinding investigation into port congestion and related challenges in the U.S. freight delivery system related to the COVID-19 pandemic is entering its second phase, with a concentration on issues related to operations at the Port Authority of New York and New Jersey and surrounding facilities. The first phase examined issues at the ports of Los Angeles and Long Beach and yielded four ideas to address operational challenges there. A later phase will focus on the port of New Orleans.
The FMC states that three teams consisting of truckers, terminal operators, shippers, intermediaries, and other parties critical to the movement of intermodal ocean cargoes through the PANYNJ facilities will support this phase of the investigation. These teams will study how the port is adjusting operations in response to the pandemic as well as the operational adjustments that will prepare it for increasing cargo volumes in the future. They will also identify any operational challenges to efficient port and supply chain operations and propose an industry-driven solution for improvements.
OTI License Applications
The FMC has given notice that the following have filed applications (a) for ocean transportation intermediary licenses as non-vessel operating common carriers and/or ocean freight forwarders or (b) to amend an existing OTI license or the qualifying individual for a licensee.
- AMAC Logistics LLC, Gilbert, AZ (new NVO license)
- BBC Logistics USA Corp., Medley, FL (new NVO and OFF license)
- Carrytech LLC, Orange, CA (QI change)
- Fast Energy Group Inc., Fremont, CA (new OFF license)
- Gateway Motors LLC dba Abejoye Royal Koncept, Upper Marlboro, MD (new NVO and OFF license)
- Mavour Limited Liability Company dba Mavour Caribbean Shipping and Logistics, Upper Darby, PA (new NVO license)
- Neel Shipping and Logistics LLC, Parsippany, NJ (new NVO license)
- Oceanus Cargo Carriers LLC, Doral, FL (new NVO license)
- Oh My Freight LLC, Ellenwood, GA (new NVO and OFF license)
- USA Martico LLC, Wall Township, NJ (new NVO and OFF license)
In addition, the FMC has rescinded the revocation of license #021450F issued to Encore International Corp.
Copyright © 2021 Sandler, Travis & Rosenberg, P.A.; WorldTrade Interactive, Inc. All rights reserved.