Controlled Ocean Carrier List Expands to Four
The Federal Maritime Commission has issued an updated list of controlled carriers, which are directly or indirectly owned or controlled by a government. The FMC may prohibit the publication or use of a rate, charge, classification, rule, or regulation that a controlled carrier has failed to demonstrate is just and reasonable. This authority is designed to ensure that controlled carriers, whose marketplace decision-making can be influenced by foreign governmental priorities or their access to non-market sources of capital, do not engage in unreasonable below-market pricing practices that could disrupt trade or harm privately-owned shipping companies.
The current list of controlled carriers, all of which are based in China, is as follows.
- COSCO Shipping Lines Co. Ltd.
- Orient Overseas Container Line Limited
- OOCL (Europe) Limited
- COSCO Shipping Lines (Europe) GmbH
This list reflects (a) the addition of OOCL and OOCL (Europe) after their parent company was acquired by Cosco Shipping Holdings Co. Ltd., (b) the addition of COSCO (Europe), which was removed in 2017 after canceling all tariffs, after it resumed service in April 2018, and (c) the removal of CNAN Nord SPA, which is no longer providing common carriage in the U.S. trades.
OTI License Revocations and Applications
The FMC has given notice that the following ocean transportation intermediary licenses have been revoked. A revocation may occur after a license is surrendered voluntarily by the OTI or for failure to maintain a valid bond.
- license #025596F: Airline Cargo Services Inc., Inwood, NY 11096
- license #026227N: ASI U.S. LLC dba ASI Logistics, Gardena, CA
- license #3657F: Benchmark Export Services Inc., Folcroft, PA
- license #025526NF: Centro Spedizioni Internazionali Logistics USA Inc. dba CSI Logistics USA Inc., Houston, TX
- license #025980F: Cirera Express Corporation, Niles, IL
- license #003886NF: Goodship International Inc. dba India America Express, Elk Grove Village, IL
- license #017085N: Haiti Shipping Lines Inc. dba HSL Logistics, Miami, FL
- license #020029N: Iajad Logistics Corp., Doral, FL
- license #026972F: ICM Cargo USA LLC, Houston, TX
- license #007861N: J-Mar Overseas Transport Inc., Houston, TX
- license #020290F: Login Logistics LLC, Charlotte, NC
- license #019624N: Multi-Trans Shipping Agency Inc., La Puente, CA
- license #020012F: Prime Van Lines Inc., Paterson, NJ
- license #013460F: Rulewave Inc., Houston, TX
- license #015314N: Tri-Star Freight Forwarding Corp. dba Tri-Star Freight, Miami, FL
The FMC has also provided notice that the following have filed applications (a) for OTI licenses as non-vessel-operating common carriers and/or ocean freight forwarders or (b) to amend an existing OTI license or the qualifying individual for a licensee.
- BD Flynn Worldwide Customs Brokers LLC, Austin, TX (new OFF license)
- Bilink Export and Import Inc., Casper, WY (new OFF license)
- Castle Shipping Lines Inc., Eagan, MN (QI change)
- Certified Packaging & Transport Inc., Savage, MD (license transfer to B. Von Paris and Sons Inc.
- Dimerco Express (U.S.A.) Corp., Wood Dale, IL (QI change)
- Donya Logistics LLC dba Donya Logistics dba Donya Trading Group, Roseville, CA (new NVO and OFF license)
- E & B International Inc., Virginia Beach, VA (QI change)
- G M Inc., Lake Elmo, MN (new OFF license)
- Gorham Export Packing LLC, Houston, TX (adding NVO services
- Imperial Int’l Systems Inc. dba Allstar Freight International, Riverside, CA (new NVO license)
- OTC Logistics LLC, Houston, TX (new NVO and OFF license)
- Schneider Freight USA Inc. dba Red Carpet Container Line, Valley Stream, NY (QI change)
- Sentry Household Shipping Inc. dba Suddath dba Suddath International, Jacksonville, FL (removing trade name Suddath International and adding trade name Sterling Moving)
- Sojitz Logistics Corporation of America dba Juno Logistics, Itasca, IL (name change to Juno Logistics Inc.)
- Special Logistics Group LLC, Elkhart, IN (new NVO and OFF license)
- Sprint Global Joint LLC, San Francisco, CA (new NVO and OFF license)
- Transline Expedited Services Corp., Rockville Centre, NY (new OFF license)
- Transmarine Logistics Inc., Chino, CA (new NVO and OFF license)
- United Logistics Group LLC, Dearborn, MI (new NVO and OFF license)
- Westwood Trading LLC dba Westwood Shipping, Houston, TX (new NVO license)
Copyright © 2023 Sandler, Travis & Rosenberg, P.A.; WorldTrade Interactive, Inc. All rights reserved.