More Time for Comments on Container Storage and Use Fees
The Federal Maritime Commission has extended from Oct. 17 to Oct. 31 the deadline for public comments on a proposed interpretive rule setting forth a non-exclusive list of considerations it will use in assessing whether a detention or demurrage practice is unjust or unreasonable. Click here to read more about this proposal.
OTI License Revocations, Reissuances, and Applications
The Federal Maritime Commission has given notice that the following ocean transportation intermediary licenses have been revoked. A revocation may occur after a license is surrendered voluntarily by the OTI or for failure to maintain a valid bond.
- license #018792N: American Logistics Network LLC, Parsippany, NJ
- license #019234N: ASC Miami Corp., Miami, FL
- license #018125N: Echo-Translink Systems (ETS) dba Echo Worldwide, Bellevue, WA
- license #022175NF: Eurosur Logistics LLC, Miami, FL
- license #027710NF: Golden Fynch Logistics LLC, Piscataway, NJ
- license #023915N: Joy Cargo Inc., Los Angeles, CA
- license #026791N: Kal Logistics Inc., Gardena, CA
- license #000142F: N.D. Cunningham & Co. Inc., Mobile, AL
In addition, the FMC has reissued OTI license #020840N to E-Cargo International Group Corp. of Miami, FL.
Finally, the FMC has provided notice that the following have filed applications (a) for OTI licenses as NVOCCs and/or ocean freight forwarders or (b) to amend an existing OTI license or the qualifying individual for a licensee.
- Best Freight Solutions USA Inc., Hialeah Gardens, FL (new NVO and OFF license)
- Britpen LLC, Laurel, MD (new NVO license)
- Brook Resources LLC dba Brook Freight Forwarding, Linthicum Heights, MD (new NVO license)
- C‐Air International Inc., Los Angeles, CA (QI change)
- Conceptum Logistics (USA) LLC, Spring, TX (additional QI)
- EasyHaul.com LLC, Vancouver, WA (new NVO and OFF license)
- Kompass Cargo LLC, Doral, FL (adding trade names INCA Lines US and Gamma USA)
Copyright © 2021 Sandler, Travis & Rosenberg, P.A.; WorldTrade Interactive, Inc. All rights reserved.