Effective Jan. 15 the Federal Maritime Commission is increasing for inflation the maximum civil monetary penalty amounts for the following regulatory or statutory violations.
- adverse impact on U.S. carriers by foreign shipping practices: from $2,011,061 to $2,052,107
- violation of 1984 Shipping Act or FMC regulation or order issued thereunder: from $57,391 to $58,562 for knowing and willful violations, from $11,478 to $11,712 for others
- operating in foreign commerce after tariff suspension: from $114,782 to $117,125
- failure to provide required reports: from $9,054, to $9,239
- adverse shipping conditions: from $1,810,706 to $1,847,663
- operating after tariff or service contract suspension: from $90,535 to $92,383
- failure to establish financial responsibility for non-performance of transportation or death or injury: from $22,868 to $23,335
- making false claims or giving false statements in violation of Program Fraud Civil Remedies Act: from $10,957 to $11,181
Copyright © 2021 Sandler, Travis & Rosenberg, P.A.; WorldTrade Interactive, Inc. All rights reserved.