CBP has issued a final rule adding the following to the list of user fee airports.
- South Texas International Airport at Edinburg (Edinburg, Texas)
- Florida Keys Marathon Airport (Marathon, Fla.)
- Appleton International Airport (Appleton, Wis.)
- South Bend International Airport (South Bend, Ind.)
- Conroe-North Houston Regional Airport (Conroe, Texas)
An airport may be designated as a user fee airport if CBP determines that its volume or value of business is insufficient to justify the funding from federal appropriations of customs services for the processing of aircraft entering the U.S. and the passengers and cargo of those aircraft. Such services are paid for by the user fee airport, which is then reimbursed by the recipients of the services. Generally, the type of airport that would seek designation as a user fee airport is one at which a company such as an air courier service has a specialized interest in regularly landing.
This rule also updates the list of user fee airports to reflect the following name changes.
- Melbourne Airport is now Orlando Melbourne International Airport
- Jefferson County Airport is now Rocky Mountain Metropolitan Airport
- Leesburg Regional Airport is now Leesburg International Airport
- Manchester Airport is now Manchester-Boston Regional Airport
- Collin County Regional Airport is now McKinney National Airport
- Midland International Airport is now Midland International Air and Space Port
- Rogers Municipal Airport is now Rogers Executive Airport – Carter Field
- St. Augustine Airport is now Northeast Florida Regional Airport
- Waukegan Regional Airport is now Waukegan National Airport
- Binghamton Regional Airport is now Greater Binghamton Airport