U.S. Customs and Border Protection’s Commercial Customs Operations Advisory Committee will hold its quarterly meeting Dec. 4 in Washington, D.C. Members of the public wishing to participate may attend in person (register here) or via webinar (register here).
For more information on COAC’s activities, please contact ST&R customs attorney and COAC co-chair Lenny Feldman at (305) 894-1011.
Topics to be considered at this meeting include the following.
- development of an operational framework and the mapping of deficiencies in the current entry process
- completion of the intellectual property rights blockchain proof of concept testing and follow-up assessment
- e-commerce projects and pilots
- in-bond processes and areas being developed for greater efficiency
- categorizing issues with export handling and identification of export data elements and opportunities for export process efficiencies
- planned scope of work for the newly-formed Remote and Autonomous Cargo Processing Working Group
- a continuing education framework for licensed customs brokers
- date of duty calculation
- risk-based bonding and bond sufficiency
- the Global Business Identifier
Copyright © 2021 Sandler, Travis & Rosenberg, P.A.; WorldTrade Interactive, Inc. All rights reserved.