The International Trade Commission has instituted an investigation that will result in the first of two reports to Congress on the economic impact on the U.S. of all trade agreements implemented under trade authorities procedures since Jan. 1, 1984. For purposes of this report the following trade agreements will be included: the Uruguay Round agreements, NAFTA, and the free trade agreements with Australia, Bahrain, Canada, Chile, Colombia, the Dominican Republic and Central America (Costa Rica, El Salvador, Guatemala, Honduras and Nicaragua), Israel, Jordan, Korea, Morocco, Oman, Panama, Peru and Singapore.
The schedule for this investigation is as follows.
- Nov. 2 deadline for filing requests to appear at the public hearing
- Nov. 4 deadline for filing pre-hearing briefs and statements
- Nov. 17 public hearing
- Nov. 30 deadline for filing post-hearing briefs
- Feb. 5, 2016, deadline for filing all other written statements
- June 29, 2016, transmittal of report to Congress
Copyright © 2021 Sandler, Travis & Rosenberg, P.A.; WorldTrade Interactive, Inc. All rights reserved.