U.S. Customs and Border Protection has issued a final rule adjusting customs user fees and limitations for inflation for fiscal year 2018, including the following. These adjusted fees will be required as of Jan. 1, 2018.
- commercial vessel arrival: $448.70/$6114.46 annual cap
- barge and other bulk carrier arrival: $112.95/$1,540.17 annual cap
- commercial truck arrival: $5.65/$102.68 annual cap
- rail car arrival: $8.47/$102.68 annual cap
- private vessel or aircraft first arrival/calendar year prepayment: $28.24
- dutiable mail: $5.65
- commercial vessel or aircraft passenger arrival: $5.65
- customs broker permit: $141.70
- express consignment carrier/centralized hub facility , per individual waybill/bill of lading: $0.36 minimum, $1.03 maximum
- merchandise processing: minimum $25.67, maximum $497.99
- surcharge for manual entry or release: $3.08
- informal entry or release not prepared by CBP personnel: $2.05 automated, $6.16 manual
- informal entry or release prepared by CBP personnel: $9.24
Copyright © 2021 Sandler, Travis & Rosenberg, P.A.; WorldTrade Interactive, Inc. All rights reserved.