U.S. Customs and Border Protection’s Commercial Customs Operations Advisory Committee will hold an open meeting Oct. 3 in Washington, D.C. At this meeting federal officials will announce how the COAC subcommittees will be reorganized to align with CBP’s strategic trade priorities and outline how current and future COAC activities will be structured within each subcommittee. Other topics to be discussed at this meeting include the following.
- CTPAT minimum security criteria changes
- forced labor strategy for CTPAT trade compliance
- progress of the trusted trader pilot
- CBP’s strategic plan regarding e-commerce threats and opportunities to both the government and trade
- reducing regulatory burdens and costs
- updating the foreign-trade zone regulations
- piloting the use of the Automated Commercial Environment to electronically report and manage petroleum moving in-bond via pipeline
- intellectual property rights blockchain proof of concept project
- draft automated in-bond business process document
Copyright © 2021 Sandler, Travis & Rosenberg, P.A.; WorldTrade Interactive, Inc. All rights reserved.