The Department of Homeland Security’s National Maritime Security Advisory Committee will hold a public meeting Nov. 6-7 in Houston, Texas. This meeting will be broadcast via Web and teleconference and requests to participate are due by Nov. 1.
Topics to be discussed at this meeting include the following.
- U.S. Customs and Border Protection efforts to revise the Customs Trade Partnership Against Terrorism minimum security criteria
- draft cyber security navigation and vessel inspection circular and other cyber security matters related to the marine transportation system
- the threat of unmanned aircraft systems and the Coast Guard’s efforts to provide guidance to the maritime industry on addressing the concern these aircraft pose to critical infrastructure
- the current state of maritime security at the Port of Houston
- the results of the American Association of Port Authorities’ port security grant survey
Copyright © 2020 Sandler, Travis & Rosenberg, P.A.; WorldTrade Interactive, Inc. All rights reserved.