The International Trade Administration and/or International Trade Commission have recently announced the following actions in antidumping and/or countervailing duty cases.
For more information on AD/CV duty issues, including how to mitigate liability, please contact trade attorney Kristen Smith at (202) 730-4965.
Innerspring units – determination in final results of administrative review of AD duty order on uncovered innerspring units from China for the period Feb. 1, 2018, through Jan. 31, 2019, that no exporters demonstrated eligibility for a separate rate and all are therefore part of the China-wide entity, which is currently subject to a rate of 234.51 percent
New reviews – initiation of administrative reviews of AD and/or CV duty orders on the following products for the periods Dec. 1, 2018, through Nov. 30, 2019 (AD), or Jan. 1 through Dec. 31, 2018 (CV), unless otherwise noted
- carbazole violet pigment 23 from India (AD/CV)
- cased pencils from China (AD)
- circular welded carbon-quality steel pipe from Oman and United Arab Emirates (AD)
- circular welded non-alloy steel pipe from Korea (AD, Nov. 1, 2018, through Oct. 31, 2019)
- crystalline silicon photovoltaic cells, whether or not assembled into modules, from China (AD/CV)
- forged steel fittings from China (AD; Sept. 17, 2018, through Oct. 31, 2019)
- honey from China (AD)
- lightweight thermal paper from China (CV)
- multilayered wood flooring from China (AD/CV)
- uncovered innerspring units from Vietnam (AD)
- welded line pipe from Korea and Turkey (AD)
Rebar – (a) sunset review determination that revocation of AD duty order on steel concrete reinforcing bars from Mexico would be likely to lead to continuation or recurrence of dumping at margins up to 66.7 percent and (b) initiation of changed circumstances review of rebar from Belarus to determine if that country is still a non-market economy for purposes of AD duty law (comments due by March 9)
Steel wire strand – dumping margin of zero in preliminary results of administrative review of AD duty order on pre-stressed concrete steel wire strand from Thailand for the period Jan. 1 through Dec. 31, 2018
Wood flooring – (a) dumping margin of zero for numerous exporters in preliminary results of administrative review of AD duty order on multilayered wood flooring from China for the period Dec. 1, 2017, through Nov. 30, 2018, and (b) net subsidy rates of 18.18 to 123.26 percent in preliminary results of administrative review of CV duty order on such flooring for the period Jan. 1 through Dec. 31, 2017
Copyright © 2022 Sandler, Travis & Rosenberg, P.A.; WorldTrade Interactive, Inc. All rights reserved.