The International Trade Administration and/or International Trade Commission have recently announced the following actions in antidumping and/or countervailing duty cases.
For more information on AD/CV duty issues, including how to mitigate liability, please contact Kristen Smith at (202) 730-4965.
Corrosion inhibitors – preliminary affirmative AD duty determination on corrosion inhibitors from China and new AD cash deposit requirement at rates of 122.11 to 260.92 percent
Hot-rolled steel – rescission of administrative review of CV duty order on hot-rolled steel flat products from Korea for the period Jan. 1 through Dec. 31, 2018, with respect to 14 companies and instruction to CBP to assess CV duties on entries of such goods at the applicable cash deposit rates
New administrative reviews – initiation of administrative reviews of the following AD and/or CV duty orders for the periods July 1, 2019, through June 30, 2020 (AD) or Jan. 1 through Dec. 31, 2019 (CV), unless otherwise noted
- citric acid and certain citrate salts from Belgium, Colombia, and Thailand (AD)
- cold-rolled steel flat products from Japan (AD)
- corrosion-resistant steel products from Korea (AD/CV) and Taiwan (AD)
- fine denier polyester staple fiber from India (AD)
- oil country tubular goods from Ukraine (AD)
- pasta from Italy (AD/CV) and Turkey (CV)
- polyethylene terephthalate film from India (AD/CV) and Taiwan (AD)
- quartz surface products from China (AD, Nov. 20, 2018, through June 30, 2020; and CV, Sept. 21, 2018, through Dec. 31, 2019)
- steel concrete reinforcing bar from Turkey (AD/CV)
- steel nails from Korea (AD), Malaysia (AD), Oman (AD), Taiwan (AD), and Vietnam (AD/CV)
- tapered roller bearings and parts thereof, finished and unfinished, from China (AD; June 1, 2019, through May 31, 2020)
- xanthan gum from China (AD)
Solar products – sunset review determination that revocation of AD and/or CV duty orders on crystalline silicon photovoltaic products from China and Taiwan would be likely to lead to continuation or recurrence of material injury to an industry in the U.S. within a reasonably foreseeable time
Stainless steel sheet and strip – rescission of administrative review of AD duty order on stainless steel sheet and strip from China for the period April 1, 2019, through March 31, 2020, and instruction to CBP to assess AD duties on entries of such goods at the applicable cash deposit rates
Copyright © 2022 Sandler, Travis & Rosenberg, P.A.; WorldTrade Interactive, Inc. All rights reserved.