New Administrative Reviews. The International Trade Administration has initiated administrative reviews of the following antidumping and/or countervailing duty orders for the periods July 1, 2016, through June 30, 2017 (AD) and Jan. 1 through Dec. 31, 2016, (CV), unless otherwise noted. The ITA intends to issue the final results of these reviews no later than July 31, 2018.
- corrosion-resistant steel products from Korea and India (AD, Jan. 4, 2016, through June 30, 2017; and CV, Nov. 6, 2015, through Dec. 31, 2016) and Taiwan (AD; June 2, 2016, through June 30, 2017)
- polyethylene terephthalate film from India (AD/CV) and Taiwan (AD)
- pasta from Italy (AD/CV) and Turkey (AD)
- steel nails from Korea (AD), Malaysia (AD), Oman (AD), Taiwan (AD), and Vietnam (AD/CV)
- welded stainless pressure pipe from Vietnam (AD)
- circular welded carbon-quality steel pipe from China (AD/CV)
- tapered roller bearings from China (AD; June 1, 2016, through May 31, 2017)
- xanthan gum from China (AD)
- cut-to-length carbon-quality steel plate from Korea (CV)
Tool Chests and Cabinets. The ITA has made preliminary affirmative CV duty determinations on tool chests and cabinets from China. As a result, the ITA will instruct U.S. Customs and Border Protection to collect CV cash deposits from importers of subject goods based on the preliminary net subsidy rates, which range from 17.32 percent to 32.07 percent.
Steel Cylinders. The International Trade Commission has scheduled an expedited sunset review of the AD and CV duty orders on high-pressure steel cylinders from China. Written comments are due by Sept. 26. This review will result in either the revocation or continuation of these orders.
Brightening Agents. In the final results of its administrative review of the AD duty order on stilbenic optical brightening agents from Taiwan for the period May 1, 2015, through April 30, 2016, the ITA has determined a weighted average dumping margin of zero for Teh Fong Ming International Co. Ltd. No AD duties will be assessed on entries of subject goods during the period of review, and no AD cash deposits will be required for subject goods entered or withdrawn from warehouse for consumption on or after Sept. 13.
Rebar. The ITC has made a final affirmative AD injury determination on steel concrete reinforcing bar from Taiwan. As a result, the ITA will soon issue an AD duty order on this product.
Copyright © 2020 Sandler, Travis & Rosenberg, P.A.; WorldTrade Interactive, Inc. All rights reserved.