New Administrative Reviews. The International Trade Administration has initiated administrative reviews of the antidumping and/or countervailing duty orders on the following products for the periods May 1, 2017, through April 30, 2018 (AD) and Jan. 1 through Dec. 31, 2017 (CV), unless otherwise noted. These reviews could result in revised AD and/or CV duty rates for subject goods.
- carbon and alloy steel cut-to-length plate from Austria, Belgium, France, Germany, Italy, Korea, and Taiwan (AD; Nov. 14, 2016, through April 30, 2018)
- carbon and alloy steel cut-to-length plate from Korea (CV; Sept. 14, 2016, through Dec. 31, 2017)
- citric acid and citrate salt from Canada (AD)
- polyethylene terephthalate resin from Canada and Oman (AD)
- frozen warmwater shrimp from India (AD; Feb. 1, 2017, through Jan. 31, 2018)
- welded carbon steel standard pipes and tubes from India (AD)
- diffusion-annealed nickel-plated flat-rolled steel products from Japan (AD)
- polyester staple fiber from Korea (AD)
- circular welded carbon steel pipes and tubes from Taiwan and Turkey (AD)
- stilbenic optical brightening agents from Taiwan (AD)
- 1-hydroxyethylidene-1, 1-disphosphonic acid from China (AD, Nov. 14, 2016, through April 30, 2018; and CV, Sept. 8, 2016, through Dec. 31, 2017)
- aluminum extrusions from China (AD/CV)
- oil country tubular goods from China (AD)
- pure magnesium from China (AD)
- light-walled rectangular pipe and tube from Turkey (AD)
Olives. The International Trade Commission has made final affirmative AD and CV injury determinations on ripe olives from Spain. As a result, the ITA will issue AD and CV duty orders on this product.
Activated Carbon. Effective July 12, the ITA has continued the AD duty order on activated carbon from China.
Activated carbon is a powdered, granular, or pelletized carbon product obtained by activating with heat and steam various materials containing carbon; e.g., coal (including bituminous, lignite, and anthracite), wood, coconut shells, olive stones, and peat. The orders cover all forms of activated carbon that are activated by steam or CO2, regardless of the raw material, grade, mixture, additives, further washing, post-activation chemical treatment (chemical or water washing, chemical impregnation or other treatment), or product form. Covered products are currently classifiable under HTSUS 3802.10.00.
Excluded from the scope of the orders are chemically activated carbons, reactivated carbons, and activated carbon cloth.
Steel Nails. In the preliminary results of its administrative review of the AD duty order on steel nails from Korea for the period July 1, 2016, through June 30, 2017, the ITA has determined weighted average dumping margins of 1.10 percent to 10.59 percent.
Supercalendered Paper. The ITA has revoked its CV duty order on supercalendered paper from Canada as of Aug. 3, 2015, due to lack of sufficient interest from domestic producers.
Copyright © 2021 Sandler, Travis & Rosenberg, P.A.; WorldTrade Interactive, Inc. All rights reserved.