U.S. Customs and Border Protection has announced the following additional phases of the transition from the Automated Commercial System to the Automated Commercial Environment.
- Aug. 27: mandatory use of ACE for filing electronic protests
- Oct. 1: mandatory use of ACE for all remaining electronic portions of the CBP cargo process (including duty deferral, drawback, reconciliation, collections and liquidation)
- TBD 2016: mandatory use of ACE for electronic filing of remaining partner government agency data (dependent on the completion of PGA regulatory work)
As a reminder, beginning July 23 quota functionality will be activated in ACE, electronic quota submissions must be filed in ACE and ACS will no longer support quota submissions with respect to electronic entries and entry summaries associated with the following entry types.
- 02: consumption – quota/visa
- 07: consumption – antidumping/countervailing duty and quota/visa
- 12: informal – quota/visa (other than textiles)
- 21: warehouse
- 22: re-warehouse
- 31: warehouse withdrawal – consumption
- 32: warehouse withdrawal – quota
- 34: warehouse withdrawal – AD/CV duty
- 38: warehouse withdrawal – AD/CV duty and quota/visa
In addition, electronic entries and entry summaries associated with entry types 06 (consumption – foreign-trade zone) and 23 (temporary importation under bond) that involve quota goods must also be filed in ACE as of July 23 (these entry types that do not include quota goods are already required in ACE).