U.S. Customs and Border Protection’s Commercial Customs Operations Advisory Committee will hold an open meeting Feb. 28 in Miami, Fla. Those wishing to attend in person may register here; those wishing to participate via webinar may register here.
Topics to be discussed at this meeting include the following.
- new minimum security criteria for the Customs Trade Partnership Against Terrorism
- progress of the trusted trader strategy
- Automated Commercial Environment deployment and ACE outages
- export manifest topics such as timelines, filing regime, targeting regime, hold issuance and shipment interception process, and account-based penalties regime
- automated export manifest pilots, including implementation of a post-departure filing pilot as part of the ocean pilot
- identifying and prioritizing reforms of CBP-administered regulations
- educational opportunities, as referenced in the Trade Facilitation and Trade Enforcement Act
- pilot test of ACE automation for pipelines
- issues with implementation of CBP’s regulatory changes to the in-bond process